This time of year can be difficult for those with food allergies. Many know that gluten, or wheat allergies are popular, but Soy is the up and coming allergen! It's nice to know there are delicious cookies like these.
2 cups ground almonds
1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 tablespoon almond butter (pure smooth)
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 handful dried cranberries (optional)
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (pure)
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 C
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients together and combine to form a soft dough. If you are planning to cut into shapes, leave out the cranberries while mixing the dough and put them on the shape later to stop them from breaking.
- Flatten the dough on a clean surface to about 1 cm thickness and cut into desired shapes. Alternatively just make small balls of the dough and flatten them.
- Place the shapes on a lined baking tray and bake for 12 - 15 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Decorate the cookies as you like.
recipe courtesy of http://foodista.com